Hull & District Rapid Play 2022
And the winners of the Hull Rapid 2022 are:
1st place: Paul Townsend, 4.5 points
2nd place: Nigel Birtwistle, 3.5 points
3rd place: Andrei Ciuravin, Joe Kilshaw, Jonathan Arnott and Thomas Wills 3 points
Performance prize: Andrei Ciuravin and Thomas Wills, 1.16 W-We
1st place: Jack Walker 5(!) points
2nd place: Daniel Shek, Paul May and Roger Greatorex 4 points
1st performance prize: Geoffrey Brown 1.15 W-We
2nd performance prize: Bodhana Sivanandan 0.92 W-We
1st place: Eldars Gulijevs 4.5 points
2nd place: Tim Lounds, William J Egan, Graeme C Reid and Steve J Thrower 4 points
1st performance prize: Stephen Holmes 1.61
2nd performance prize: Benedikt Pitel 1.59
Winner of the Junior Trophy: Eldars Gulijevs
The tournament is scheduled to take place on Sunday 9th January 2022.
Please note that at the moment we intend to go ahead with the tournament but players are expected to follow new Government rules. For the safety of all concerned, this includes the wearing of face coverings (unless exemptions apply).
Start time: 10:15
Finish time (approx) : 17:15
- Canham Turner, University of Hull, Cottingham Road, Hull HU6 7RX
- Just over two miles from Hull Paragon (Central) station and can be easily reached by bus (12/14 minutes)
- Excellent playing conditions; venue was used for the British 2021 Championships, British Womens 2021 Championships and the Hull 4NCL International Congress 2021
- A selection of drinks, snacks and sandwiches are available at the University Library cafe
- For more details visit: https://www.beyond-events.co.uk/venues/canham-turner/
- £15 (£10 juniors*), if Silver or higher ECF membership
- £25 (£20 juniors*), if Bronze ECF membership or not a member
- Enter online (preferred) by 08/01/2021 or post entry form with cheque by 03/01/2022
- Entry at the door will incur an additional fee of £10
- Requests for refunds online payments accepted up to 29/12/2021 (refund will be amount paid minus transaction fee).
*Junior < 18yrs on the day
2020 tournament had 79 players, but we have space for many more!!
5 rounds Swiss with three sections (all FIDE rated and ECF graded):
- FIDE Rated Open
- FIDE Rated u1900, open to:
- FIDE rated players rated below 1900 FIDE and;
- ECF rated below 1900 ECF
- FIDE Rated u1600, open to:
- FIDE rated players rated below 1600 FIDE and;
- ECF rated below 1600 ECF
Where player has no FIDE rapid rating, FIDE standard rating applies. If player has both, highest rating will be used for ranking
ECF rapid rating minimum 10 games, otherwise most recent standard grade. If player has both, highest grade will be used for ranking
Player can request to play in a higher section. The organiser reserves the right to move players between sections.
Time control: 20mins + 10 sec increment from move 1.
- Per section: 1st place £120, 2nd place £60, 3rd place £30
- 1st Performance prize £30, 2nd performance prize £20
All place prize money will be shared equally between tied players.
Performance prizes for the highest W-We score, amongst players who haven’t won a place prize
No player may win more than one money prize.
Junior Trophy is awarded to the junior who scores highest number of points in any section.
Spot prizes for best performance (W-We) in first 4 rounds.
We reserve the right to alter any and all prize money if entries fall below the expected level.
- Chief Arbiter & Organiser: National Arbiter Douglas Vleeshhouwer
- Arbiters: TBC
HOW TO ENTER
Click on my email address below to send me an email with your entry details or click here to download the entry form.
You can click here to find out who has entered so far.