Hull & District Rapid Play 2020
Thanks everyone for attending the Hull Rapid 2020
The winners are:
First place: Dan Staples with 4.5 points
2nd place: Peter Ackley with 4 points
3rd place: Nugith Jayawarna, Simon Smith and Shaun Culkin with 3.5 points
1st performance prize: Jim Davis
2nd performance prize: Eric Gardiner
1st place: Paul May, with 4.5 points
2nd place: Bruce Oliver and Kevin Winter with 4 points
1st performance prize: Andrew Bettley
2nd performance prize: Joe Varley
1st place: Milosz Kasprzyk and Alan Smith with 4.5 points
3rd place: David Buckley, Patrick Costello and Ian Scott with 4 points
1st Grading prize: Keith Noons
2nd Grading prize: Philip Wood
The Junior Trophy was won by Milosz Kasprzyk.
The games played on top 3 boards in each round in the Open section can be played here:
Sunday 5th January 2020 10:15-17:15
- The Royal Hotel Hull, Royal Suite, 170 Ferensway, Hull HU1 3UF. For more details regarding the venue, please click here.
- Venue is right next to Hull Train Station.
- Parking £2 at St Stephens Hull Shopping venue, 110 Ferensway, Hull HU2 8LN (5-minute walk away). Map: https://goo.gl/maps/BMbfkaoJDeP2
- Various options for lunch and coffees at St Stephens.
- ECF Membership required
- £15 (£10 juniors*), if Silver or higher membership.
- £22.50 (£17.50 juniors*), if Bronze
- Enter online (preferred) by 10pm 04/01/2019 or post entry form with cheque by 24/12/2019
*Junior < 18yrs on the day.
- Requests for refunds accepted up to 22/12/2019 (refund will be amount paid minus transaction fee).
- 5 rounds Swiss
- Three sections:
- 1) FIDE Rated Open
- 2) FIDE Rated u1900, open to:
- (1) FIDE rated players rated below 1900 FIDE;
- (2) players without a FIDE rating, graded below 160 ECF
- If FIDE rated players also have an ECF grade, ECF grade must be below 160.
- 3) ECF u120
- Where ECF grade is applicable, rapid play grade (min 10 games); if no rapid grade, the most recent ECF grade will apply
- Where FIDE rating is applicable, if no rapid rating, standard rating will apply
- Highest grade will apply in all cases
- You can enter a higher section but not a lower one
- Time control: 20mins + 10 sec increment from move 1
- Per section: 1st prize £100, 2nd prize £50, one £30 grading prize
- We reserve the right to alter any and all prize money if entries fall below the expected level.
- Chief Arbiter & Organiser: Douglas Vleeshhouwer (ECF Arbiter)
- Arbiter: Thomas Hackett (ECF arbiter)
HOW TO ENTER