Hull & District Rapid Play 2021
Sunday 3rd January 2021 10:15-17:15
- The Royal Hotel Hull, Royal Suite, 170 Ferensway, Hull HU1 3UF. For more details regarding the venue, please click here.
- Venue is attached to Hull Train Station
- Parking £2 at St Stephens Hull Shopping venue, 110 Ferensway, Hull HU2 8LN (5-minute walk away). Map: https://goo.gl/maps/BMbfkaoJDeP2
- Lunch options available at the hotel and in St Stephens
- £15 (£10 juniors*), if Silver or higher ECF membership
- £25 (£20 juniors*), if Bronze ECF membership or not a member
- Enter online (preferred) by 02/01/2021 or post entry form with cheque by 28/12/2020
- Entry at the door will incur an additional fee of £10
- Requests for refunds online payments accepted up to 22/12/2020 (refund will be amount paid minus transaction fee).
*Junior < 18yrs on the day
2020 tournament had 79 players, but we have space for many more!!
5 rounds Swiss with three sections (all FIDE rated and ECF graded):
- FIDE Rated Open
- FIDE Rated u1900, open to:
- FIDE rated players rated below 1900 FIDE and;
- ECF graded below 60 ECF
- FIDE Rated u1600, open to:
- FIDE rated players rated below 1600 FIDE and;
- ECF graded below 120 ECF
Where player has no FIDE rapid rating, FIDE standard rating applies. If player has both, highest rating will be used for ranking
ECF rapid grade minimum 10 games, otherwise most recent standard grade. If player has both, highest grade will be used for ranking
Player can request to play in a higher section. The organiser reserves the right to move players between sections.
Time control: 20mins + 10 sec increment from move 1.
- Excellent location and playing conditions
- Tea and coffee provided (£1 per cup) and free cake!
- Royal Suite with space for 150 players – used for Rapid 2020, Hull Congress 2019 and 2020 and Rapid Play at British 2018 Championships
- Per section: 1st place £120, 2nd place £60, 3rd place £30
- 1st Performance prize £30, 2nd performance prize £20
All place prize money will be shared equally between tied players.
Performance prizes for the highest W-We score, amongst players who haven’t won a place prize
No player may win more than one money prize.
Junior Trophy is awarded to the junior who scores highest number of points.
Spot prizes for best performance (W-We) in first 4 rounds.
We reserve the right to alter any and all prize money if entries fall below the expected level.
- Chief Arbiter & Organiser: National Arbiter Douglas Vleeshhouwer
- Arbiters: National Arbiters Thomas Hackett and Joanne Hutchinson
HOW TO ENTER